I have an Achronix Speedcore device. The test vectors provided by Achronix all pass, but I see failures on some devices with my own tests. How can I debug what is happening?
When a customer is using an Achronix Speedcore device, Achronix provides ATE vectors that provide the coverage specified in the Speedcore contract. If your devices pass all ATE vectors provided, but then fail on some subset of your own custom tests, and you want help from Achronix, there are several pieces of information we require to be able to help you debug the issue, or aid you in the debug process.
- What is the pass/fail ratio? How many devices are being tested; how many pass; and how many fail?
- Do you see any ATE vector failures? If yes, describe which test(s) fail and under what circumstances.
- If they are system test failures (not ATE), describe the board and setup that you are using:
- What voltages are being used?
- What temperatures are being used?
- Does each test use a static temperature or is it a sweep?
- Are there particular sensitivities to voltage or temperature?
- If a test is failing, what exactly is it testing? What does it do? When sending shmoo charts, clearly identify details of axes, units, and operating conditions such as temperature and voltage.
- What specific feature is failing, and under what modes?
- If a specific site on the Speedcore instance is failing, which sites are failing and what are the parameters used for the sites that are failing?
- What is the repeatability of failures? For example, if the test is run 10 times, how many pass and how many fail?
- If a new issue is seen on testing patterns that did not exist before, explain in detail the changes made to tests, testing environment, or other parameters.