I am planning to design my own PCB for the Speedster7t AC7t1500. What materials are available to help be successful in the design process?
Achronix has many materials available to help you successfully design your PCB for the AC7t1500. Below is a list of helpful materials based on the current step in the design process.
Information for Those Learning About AC7t1500
- Speedster7t Power User Guide (ug087) – Describes different power supplies and voltage tolerance levels required for the AC7t1500. Also includes connection guidelines for each of the power rails and recommendations for the power supply network sharing schemes at the board level.
Speedster7t Pin Connectivity User Guide (ug084) – Lists each of the I/O pin groups available in the AC7t1500, their functionality and recommended connection guidelines.
Speedster7t FPGA Datasheet (ds015) – Overview of features and interfaces, includes timing data on interfaces, packaging information, and power supply requirements.
- Speedster7t Power Estimator Tool and Guide – The power estimator tool provides a platform to calculate the power requirements for the AC7t1500 using a spreadsheet and user inputs.
Note: The power estimator tool requires a support account. If you do not have an account, refer to How Do I Register for an Achronix Support Account?
Information for Initial Planning of a PCB for AC7t1500
Speedster7t AC7t1500 Board Designers Guide (ug101) – Intended as a general overview of PCB design principles that help the designer get the most out of the AC7t1500 FPGA. This guide is broken down by system components, including Ethernet, PCIe5, GDDR6 memory and DDR4 memory interfaces.
Speedster7t 7t1500 Pin Table – The pin table (in Excel format) for the AC7t1500 in the FBGA2597 package.
FAQs for PCB Design of AC7t1500 – Includes information on the package, PCB material recommendations, power information, links to docs on pin connections, etc.
Example Board Schematics and ORCAD Symbol for the AC7t1500 – Includes MEP board schematics, assembly drawings, and layout examples. Also includes ORCAD symbol for AC7t1500.
Caution!: Board schematics and ORCAD symbol requires an NDA to access. If you require access to this article, refer to How Do I Gain Access to Confidential Documents?
Information for Final PCB Design for AC7t1500
Caution!: All material in this section requires an NDA to access. If you require access to this article, refer to How Do I Gain Access to Confidential Documents?
IBIS AMI and Spice Models of Interfaces for AC7t1500 – Includes models for SerDes, GDDR6, DDR4, GPIO, and CLKIO.
Source Files for Example PCBs for AC7t1500 – Source files including schematics. Some files require the Mentor Xpedition Viewer.
- Materials available upon request:
- Package pin delay spreadsheet
- BOM files
- Schematic and layout review with Achronix